Saturday, January 24, 2009

Rolling Over

To much of my surprise, Chase can roll himself over!! To be honest, I'm not sure which day counts as official...

He rolled himself over for the first time 2 weeks after birth. Our pediatrician had warned me to not leave even a newborn unattended on an elevated surface, as he had seen them roll over. I thought this to be ridiculous, then, I came home and witnessed Chase do it a few hours later. He continued to get from tummy to back several times since then, but it was erroneous, and I thought, an accident rather than a deliberate act of will.

Yesterday, however, he accomplished the task four times in a row, and had a look of determination on his small face. Yes, I believe yesterday was the "first" for rolling on purpose. Of course, as soon as I grabbed camera, he had tummy time dissolve into a thumb-sucking session, and the moment was over.

This morning, he started up again. Four consecutive rolls, each with the camera present, however taking more than 30 seconds to accomplish the task. Finally, as I was about to give up, Catherine informed me that Chase would like "one more video" so we tried, and within 10 seconds captured the entire event! So, with out farther adieu...


2 comments:

Trish said...

I can't believe how big he has got since my visit.

mommet said...

Yes! This is so wonderful! I love it and keep replaying it. =)