Friday, July 27, 2007

Animal Sounds

Today while folding laundry Catherine was being a bit fussy with me because I wouldn't let her "help" me with the clothes that were already folded. To distract her some, I started playing the animal sound game. You know, the game where I say, "Hey, Catherine, what does a duck say?" Catherine politely looks at me like I am crazy, then I say, "That's right, the duck says, quack-quack." We went through the four animals for which we have books: the duck, the horse, the frog, and the sheep. After doing this a few times, she looks at me, wrinkles up her face, huffs and crawls into her room. I thought she just had enough of my diversion, and decided to go play, but the next thing I know, I hear the book going "Quack-quack. Quack-quack." Then I hear, "Neigh-Neigh", then "Baa-Baa", then "Ribbit-Ribbit." She had pulled out all the animal sound books. Of course, this could have been a coincidence had she not done the same thing later this evening!

2 comments:

Trish said...

She definitely is a smart one. After all she is my granddaughter.:-)

Laura Williams said...

no, i think she is just BRILLIANT!!!!!! so funny!